Engineering News Record - April 26, 2010
Waldemar S. Nelson and Company was recognized as ranking 176 out of the top 500 U. S. Design Firms, based on annual billings for 2009. This marked NELSON'S best domestic ranking since the year 2000.
Engineering News Record - July 26, 2010
Waldemar S. Nelson and Company was ranked number 144 out of the top 200 International Design Firms, based on design revenue for 2009. The firm ranked 143 is in Australia, the one ranked 145 is in Alaska, and number 146 is in Korea, thus verifying the international nature of the ranking, and of the assignments completed by Waldemar S. Nelson and Company. Construction locations for Nelson-designed projects have included every continent except Antarctica.
- John Noll Crisp Award for Technical Excellence, November 10, 2006 for Directionally Drilled Transmission Line Under the Mississippi River
- Louisiana Post of the American Military Engineers 2006 National Conference Recognition
- University of New Orleans College of Engineering Technical Excellence Award, 2006 “Directionally Drilled 230kV Transmission Line Installed Under the Mississippi River
- Louisiana Technology Council 2004 ‘eward’ Best Application of Technology
- Greater New Orleans Business Round Table CICE Award, December, 2004 for the Mississippi River Crossing Project following sound management principles
- Greater New Orleans Business Round Table Certificate of Appreciation, June 29, 2004 for efforts, time and experience to advance the aims and purpose of the Association
- GNO PMI Project of the Year, December 8, 2004 for “Mississippi River Crossing” ‘The Big Dig’
- IEEE-IAS Honorable Mention for Technical Paper “Staged Tests Increase Awareness of Arc-Flash Hazards in Electrical Equipment” presented at PCIC Conference in 1997 in Calgary, Canada