NELSON has been involved in electric utility/industry projects for decades, both in the U.S. and abroad. These projects involved engineering services directly to the electric utility industry and also extensive interface with electric utilities in association with our engineering activities for industrial and commercial clients.
These electrical industry design services have included:
- Cogeneration projects
- Safety audits and remedial plans
- Power integrity studies
- Feasibility studies
- Energy conservation
- Submarine cable design
- Relaying studies
- Directionally drilled river crossings and underground transmission lines
- Government mandated utility audits
- Transmission and distribution line design and construction management
- Substation and switchyard design
- Backup power generation systems
- Power factor and load flow monitoring and control.
- Load shed systems
- Isolated generation systems
- Permitting and regulatory interface
- Right of way selection and acquisition assistance
Our goal is to provide a multidiscipline solution to support client electric power system requirements.